Friday, September 11, 2009

Choice of 12 Pubs for all tastes on the Dawlish Ale Trail, Devon

This Week ... The Dawlish Ale Trail on the Devon Coast

Despite what people may think, I'm no fan of pub crawls. Taking a walk is the first pleasure and then a pub stop, just one ideally towards the end, is the icing on the cake.

So when I saw the Dawlish Ale Trail was a walk linking 12 pubs, this felt like a pub crawl to me and I almost ignored it. But then I looked more closely and found that nearly half this one hour walk is along the "Brook", running through the centre of the village of Dawlish and abundant with waterfowl. Suddenly this started to seem more appealing.

In fact, this gives a great variety of pubs to choose from and, though I would choose the more traditional ones like The Swan Inn who sent me the trail or maybe The Marine Tavern, others I guess may go for something rather different like The Teignmouth Inn with its Sky screen sports!

So this pub walk has something for everyone and is in fact easily extendable to include longer walks along the Devon coast.

Click on Dawlish Ale Trail to see the full list of pubs on the walk and then click through to the route map itself.

The Pub Walker
MyFavouritePubWalks.com
Follow us at twitter.com/PubWalker for live updates
Register for The Pub Walker Bulletin for email alerts

No comments:

Post a Comment