Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowdrop Valley Pub Walk at Wheddon Cross, Exmoor, until 21st February 2010

Snowdrop Valley Pub Walk at Wheddon Cross, Exmoor, until 21st February 2010

Snowdrops are a welcome sight for walkers in the depths of winter with their splashes of white on what can be an otherwise dull canvas. Although there is always plenty to see in our countryside, parks and gardens, somehow I find that snowdrops refresh the senses and remind me that all the seasons have their own unique pleasures.

A great way to see this is to try this Snowdrop Valley pub walk from the Rest and Be Thankful Inn at Wheddon Cross on the edge of Exmoor. From here you can enjoy a one and a half hour walk taking in this hidden valley at the very time that snowdrops are at their best.

So if you are in the Exmoor area, grab your walking boots and check out the details of the Snowdrop Valley pub walk.

The Pub Walker
MyFavouritePubWalks.com
Follow us at twitter.com/PubWalker for live updates
Register for The Pub Walker Bulletin for email alerts
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. Hi Leigh,
    It’s Rob from Dorset Cereals. I’ve been reading through some of your amazing pub walks, in particular about The Castle Inn in West Lulworth, which I am amazed I have never been to considering the number of walks I’ve done around Lulworth Cove! I know that I always need a good breakfast to keep me going until I reach the pub so thought you might be interested that we have created two amazingly moreish dark chocolate Granola recipes. If you fancy we can send you some samples to try and if you’d like to do a competition on your blog we’d love to give some packs to the winner as a prize!

    If you’re at all interested please email me at robward@dorsetcereals.co.uk

    Hope to hear from you soon,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob,
    Thanks for the samples - delicious! The bars sound perfect for walkers too so I'll email you regarding a competition which would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree William and the B&B in your link looks amazing with incredible views!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great B & B, going Exmoor in a couple of week booked into a lovely sea-view room. Just hoping it warm when we get there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gentlemen,

    I am looking for a good pub walk in North Devon for 12 relatively fit 30somethings. We'd like to spend a day doing it, with perhaps 4 or 5 pubs (or more!) along the route.

    Any ideas?

    ps, we like real ale and proper pubs, although wouldn't mind a tea room along the way either.

    ReplyDelete